Friday, February 8, 2013

former athlete


Me doing some sprinting!


Once upon a time in 2nd grade I met a tiny little girl named Erin. She liked stuffed animals and drawing  and we became friends. Fast-forward to today, and she is the proud owner of the blog "Shades of Gray and a Pinch of Pink." This girl got her shit together and made a blog about a year ago and it is great! She was the final push I really needed to create my own site and I know I wouldn't have done it without her.

Today she is hosting a link-up, and it's the first one I've done! It's a pretty cute idea if you ask me.

Shades of Gray and a Pinch of Pink
I was actually the senior editor of our yearbook my senior year, so I knew what superlative everyone got way before the school year ended. Erin totally deserved "Best Eyes," one of her irises is two colors! My boyfriend got "Best Smile"- and he never even had to endure braces like Erin and I! And I got "Most Athletic." I was a state-level runner in track and I worked my ASS off to get there, so I was thrilled! I certainly miss being that in-shape, but I don't miss working out for 2 hours a day, 6 days a week.
I thought I was muscular until I saw this photo. I'm on the right.

Categories I would win today:
1. Best list-maker
It's bad. There are lists everywhere in my house.
2. Least punctual
This is also very bad. I don't think I've been on time for anything in years.
3. Best speller
Need any editing done?
4. Biggest deal hunter
I will drive across town to get it on sale.
5. Loudest
Some people are just loud!
6. Most likely to be a cat-lady
My parents never let me have an indoor cat, so I blame them for my obsession.
7. Most likely to eat food that's been left out for 3 days
I told you I eat anything. I swear my immune system is better for it.
8. Heaviest purse
Do you need a stapler? Oh, I think I have that in here somewhere...
9. Most likely to eventually work for my younger sister
The chick is going to be successful. And she's going to need a personal assistant.
10. Most likely to tell you my real opinion to your face. Even if that means telling you that your ideas about politics make no sense.
This can lead to some heated discussions. Never a dull moment! 
Running at Penn Relays.

What would you win?

-Lola

1 comment:

  1. Teeheehee this makes me laugh so hard! A tiny girl that liked stuffed animals and coloring. And the rest was history. Too cute.

    I agree with all of your current ones. But I think you need to change three days to at least three months. There was shit in your fridge that had mold and you still wouldn't throw it out!

    ReplyDelete