Tuesday, February 12, 2013

winter adventures


So... I had a great weekend!

Which made Monday that much harder. But here it is, already Tuesday, creeping our way to the end of the week. And closer to... Valentine's Day!

View of Cayuga Lake from our apartment.

Another one of the many reasons I created this blog was to motivate myself to live better...to live MORE. I have a lot of clothes, shoes and accessories that sometimes I'm just too lazy to throw on...but if I have a blog that I take photos for, I think it will motivate me to use them! This theory goes for getting out of the house too. It's just so easy to stay in and watch TV on a day off...but this weekend I dragged my bf out of bed to "go get coffee." Which turned into a photo shoot. Which turned into a winter-wonderland-adventure photo shoot. I'm so glad we did it!

But first, on Friday, I had to do a  bit of maintenance. I hadn't gotten my hair cut or colored in SIX MONTHS! That is a long time. And my hair was nasty long. It was RATCHET! I love that word. And I also hadn't gotten my eyebrows waxed in who knows how long... they were ratchet as well. So I gave myself a little blogworthy makeover- and afterwards I felt so much happier about posting photos.
Before and after, via Instagram! 
We went to a cute coffee shop in town (not the one I work at,) that's located in the middle of an awesome residential area. I took photos of everything because the snow made everything so nice!

I loved this tiny little fence blocking the alley between two houses. And the coffee shop doesn't even have a sign in the front, just an awning and some benches! It usually has a chalk sign but the snow made that a little impractical.














I guess they did have two little signs on the side of the building. So cute! The place is called gimmee! coffee. Ohhh, and I forgot to mention, I love architecture and little details in buildings. So you are going to see a lot more posts like this one. I will post the next stop on our winter adventure trip tomorrow!

-Lola


No comments:

Post a Comment